Have you ever wondered if "team building" really helps to increase productivity and improve communication among employees? Although it is quite challenging to find the answer in our country, worldwide surveys have been doing some serious research showing that the answer is positive. Luckily, we are the proof that our companies are starting to take the organization of such joint operations more and more seriously, so in the last few years there has been an increase in visits from the regional companies.
Someone once wrote: "Happiness and learning are strongly connected".
Compliments we receive from the companies after their stay with us confirm this claim. And, of course, the fact that they become our regular guests.
Let us mention just a few reasons why team building is essential to the work environment of a company:
- Improving communication - outdoors activities encourage conversations and provide more relaxed and more open communication amongst employees and between employees and management. These activities improve interpersonal relationships and the quality of work.
- Motivating employees - the easier it is for employees to express their ideas and opinions, the stronger they believe they will become more successful. Such an attitude will motivate them to accept new challenges.
- Promoting creativity - by exposing themselves to new experiences the employees will get motivated to think outside their office routine. Actively spending time with other team members can inspire creativity and new ideas, which is a big advantage upon return to the office.
- Improving the abilities for effective problem solving - teams that are able to react apropriately when there is an obstacle in the current environment, react more efficiently when there is a problem at work.
- Breaking barriers - team building increases confidence among employees. Often in company's hierarchy there is a gap between the employers and employees. Team building activities can give managers the opportunity to be seen as equal and such an attitude can do a lot for the morale of employees.
We have listed just a few reasons why team building is a company's successful investment in improvement of its business. These and many other positive reasons can be found online.
Finally, we will mention one successful company from Novi Sad, DevTech, whose employees have been our guests on rafting. DevTech deals with Cloud technologies and assists in the implementation of the strategy by enabling Cloud solutions for internet service providers and some of the world's largest telecommunications companies. DevTech was founded in late 2012 and today has more than 150 employees. Last year this successful ICT company, DevTech, organized their first rafting trip on the Tara, from 12 to 14 June for its 65 employees. This year DevTech visited us for the second time in the period from 17 to 19 June, with 84 of their employees. We share their impressions with you through the photographs in this text.